Sometimes the indication that you need a new roof or roof repair will not be obvious. You need to look out for various signs that could signal your roof needs replacement. At America’s Best Choice Window, we will advise you on whether replacing your roof is the best solution and offer free roof replacement estimates and damage assessment.
Though it’s an expensive endeavor, replacing your roof can add aesthetic appeal and value to your home. Dial 678-498-7232 or fill out our online form to contact America’s Best Choice today. We are the best roofing company option.
Table of Contents
How Do I Know if I Will Need a New Roof?
Usually, there will be obvious signs that you need a new roof. But, if you are not keen enough, roof damage can sneak up on you without warning. Here are signs that you may need to get a new roof:
Damaged or Missing Shingles
Broken or missing shingles is a sign that your roof needs immediate replacement. It means your roof cannot provide adequate protection and will cause leaks when the rain pours.
Significant Moss Growth
Moss growth on your roof shingles isn’t just a cosmetic issue. Since moss can hold in excess moisture, it may cause damage if not handled properly. While it can be removed by carefully brushing it away or using bleach and water, it will grow again. But, significant moss growth can cause irreparable damage to your roof, meaning you will have to replace it.
Bare Shingles without Granules
Shingles can lose granules due to weather and time. Missing granules make shingles look patchy. The scenario is worse for poorly stored or low-quality shingles because they lose granules faster than usual. Since granules protect the shingles and roof, losing granule protection means your roof will decay faster. So, if the shingles are bare, roof replacement may be long-overdue.
Leaking or Standing Water
If there is one very obvious indication that your roof needs replacement, it’s leaking. Check for any signs of water intrusion and where it originates from. If the leaks only affect a certain area of the roof, you may not need to replace your roof entirely.
In any case, roof leaks should be dealt with immediately lest they become a bigger, costlier issue. If your roof is always leaking when it rains, it’s high time to think about replacing it.
The Roof is Older than 20 Years
When a roof gets really old, leaks will appear, and it may show signs of failing. If this is the case, you should have your roof examined to establish whether it needs replacement. A 20-plus-year-old roof is well past its prime and long overdue for replacement.
Shingles with Curled Edges
Another indicator that you need a new roof is curved or curled shingles which indicates wear and tear. A professional from America’s Best Choice can help examine your curved shingles and determine if you need a new roof.
Rotted Roof Sheeting (When You Step on Your Roof, it’s Spongy)
When the roofing material starts to decay, it’s a sign that it is near the end of its usefulness. Over time, roof sheeting will rot and start to feel spongy. Decayed roof sheeting necessitates roof replacement.
Get in touch with a contractor from America’s Best Choice if you have observed any of the indications above.
What Are Some Reasons a Roof Replacement Should Be Considered?
There could be several reasons that you might want to consider a roof replacement. The best roofing company will tell you that repairs can be more costly in the long run. Some of the most common reasons to consider a roof replacement are:
Significant Storm Damage
Storms can cause direct or indirect damage to your roof. Strong winds can blow off roof shingles and create empty areas that require re-roofing. They can also cause entire trees or branches to fall on roofs and cause damage. While storm damage can be resolved through spot repairs, full roof replacement is a smarter solution.
Increasing Home Value
When homeowners are preparing to sell their homes, they want to make improvements that will increase their home’s curb appeal and increase home value. Homebuyers won’t have to worry about roofing problems for the foreseeable future, giving them a great deal of financial security. This is why you should consider replacing or installing a new roof.
Replacing a Worn Roof
A roof will wear out due to factors such as ice damming, moss growth, storm damage, low slope, and more. Instead of waiting for these issues to cause bigger problems, you should consider replacing your roof.
Completing a Large Remodel Project
If you are planning to remodel your property, you may need to make changes to your roofline. This includes installing a new roof to avoid having an unattractive mix of old and new roofing.
How Long Does a Roof Replacement Take?
Generally, replacing the roof of an average-sized property can take a day. It could take even three to five days depending on your property’s complexity, weather, and accessibility.
What Types of Services Can America’s Best Choice Provide?
The contractors at America’s Best Choice offer the following service:
- Full Roof Replacement: Our experienced contractors provide top-quality roof replacement services throughout the US.
- New Construction Roofs: If you need us to build you a new roof, we can help put a new construction roof over your head in a professional, timely, and safe manner.
- Window Installations: America’s Best Choice offers professional window installation services at reasonable prices.
- Window Replacements: Are your windows energy-efficient? America’s Best Choice offers quality window replacement services to help clients save on energy bills.
- Door Installations: On top of installing and replacing windows and roofs, we are also involved in professional door installations.
- Door Replacements: If you are seeking professional door replacement services for your property, America’s Best Choice can provide them.
Why Should I Hire America’s Best Choice for My Roof Replacement?
If it’s your first time replacing your roof, you may have a hard time finding the best company for the service. Here are some reasons why choosing America’s Best Choice is the best roofing company:
- Honesty and Transparency in Sales – At America’s Best Choice, we take an honest approach to our pricing. So don’t expect any hidden charges or gimmicks of any kind.
- Professional Installation – We take our installers through some screening during the hiring process to ensure they exceed our clients’ expectations.
- Unbeatable Warranties & Guarantees – We offer a triple layer warranty package that comes in three parts: a manufacturer’s warranty that includes a Limited Lifetime Warranty, a supplemental warranty, and a“Make it Right” guarantee from consumer investigator TrustDALE.
- Free In-Home Consultation – We can send contractors to your home to inspect your roof and recommend the best option.
If You Want the Best Roofing Company to Replace Your Room, America’s Best Choice is the Way to Go
If your roof stops performing its functions as it should, it might be because it’s compromised by age or other issues such as water damage, damaged or missing shingles, or moss growth. We are the best roofing company to call for your roof replacement.