Gutters are an effective tool for managing rainwater at your home. Properly installed gutters will divert water from your roof and walls thus preventing the onset of decay or dampness when it rains. Dysfunctional gutters and downspouts, on the other hand, compromise the foundation and structural integrity of your house.
Whether you are experiencing clogged or broken gutters, or other common gutter issues, you need to contact the right gutter contractors to come to fix the problem. If you need professional gutter contractors, contact the team at America’s Best Choice today. We have been providing quality gutter service for many years and can help you too.
Table of Contents
Why Are Gutters Important?
Gutters are responsible for water management. When it rains, they effectively channel water flow from the roof, through the downspouts and direct it to the appropriate areas outside the house.
In the absence of gutters, your roof may pick up leaves along with other debris, causing rainwater to stagnate and overflow. This can make your home vulnerable to rusting, rotting, mold, and other kinds of damage.
Gutters also ensure that rainwater doesn’t settle around the basement. When water overflows from the roof, it can easily seep into the foundation and slowly weaken everything responsible for supporting your structure.
How Do I Know I Need New Gutters?
Here are some ways to tell that your gutters are damaged and should be replaced:
- Sagging Gutters: If your gutters are sagging, the most likely reason is that they are clogged. The weight of the leaves and debris can cause them to bend in the middle and sag.
- Leaking Gutters: Gutters can develop holes in the troughs for various reasons including impact damage and corrosion. When you have leaks, you need gutter repair.
- Standing Water in Clean Gutters: If you have recently cleaned your gutters and eliminated the debris that was there, but water still appears to sit in them, it is a classic sign of gutter misgrading.
- Runoff Water: If you have rainwater running off the roof, it is highly likely that your gutters are backed up. If your gutters are clogged, the water won’t drain properly from them.
What Are the Different Types of Gutters?
Gutters are of 3 main types, although only the first 2 are most common:
K-style gutters are the most common type of gutter on modern homes. This type of gutter features a unique shape on the front edge that resembles the crown molding on modern homes.
- Cheapest option available
- Great performance
- The easiest type of gutter to install
- Rigid construction
- Clogs easily
- Prone to corrosion
Half-round gutters are more common in older style or historic homes. Their name perfectly describes them since they are half of a circular pipe with the top half open for water.
- Rustic look
- Less likely to corrode or rust
- Easier to clean
- Less likely to clog
- Heavier, which means they pull loose faster over time
- Less durable than K-style gutters
- Not as efficient in heavy rains
- Takes longer to install
Box Style Gutter
The box-style gutters are the least common type of cutters since they are primarily used for industrial or commercial buildings. They are designed to handle larger amounts of water from larger roofs.
- Can handle higher volumes of water than the K-style and box style gutters
- Not ideal for residential buildings
Are Gutters Available in Different Materials?
Gutters are available in different materials, which include Aluminum, Copper, Stainless Steel, and Vinyl.
Aluminum is one of the most popular gutter materials for residential homes.
- Easy to install
- Rust resistant
- Available in multiple color options
- Prone to damage due to extreme fluctuations in temperature.
Copper is also a popular gutter material since they are usually beautifully designed.
- Rust resistant
- Resist mold and mildew growth
- Heavy-Duty (thicker gauge than aluminum)
- Heavier so they become loose more often
Stainless Steel Gutters
Stainless steel gutters are more durable than aluminum, cheaper than copper, and hold particularly well in severe weather. The gutters can be galvanized steel or the usual stainless steel.
- Can be painted
- Hold up well to all weather conditions
- Incredibly strong and durable
- Noisy when it rains
- Very heavy
- Not easy to install
- Expensive than aluminum
- Very heavy (gutters come loose more often)
Vinyl is another popular gutter material for a variety of reasons.
- Easy to install
- Rust and corrosion-proof
- Color can fade after intense exposure to the sun
- Can crack if exposed to extreme heat and freezing weather
Why Should I Use America’s Best Choice to Replace My Gutters?
Here are the top 3 reasons why you should choose America’s Best Choice as your gutter contractors to replace your gutters:
We are trained and certified to install premium products from top-tier manufacturers. With quality products, you can be sure that your gutters will last for many years and effectively stand up to the harshest weather conditions.
At America’s Best Choice, we don’t believe in shortcuts, quick fixes, and shoddy craftsmanship. The reputation of our business is built upon integrity and honesty. We have achieved this through long-lasting solutions that stand the test of time.
Focus on Our Customers
We take pride in investing completely in all our customers. No matter the scale of the project, whether large or small, we always ensure that everything is done the right way, which is not always the case with other gutter contractors.
Hire the Best Contractors for Gutters and Downspouts
Quality gutters play an important role in protecting your home and roof since they remove excess rainwater to prevent leaks and preserve your home’s foundation. If you don’t have properly installed gutters, your home will be susceptible to severe damage.
Faulty gutters can lead to foundation, landscaping, and lawn damage that can be costly to fix. If you are ready to enhance the protection of your home and you’re looking for premium gutter contractors in your area, you need to get in touch with America’s Best Choice today. We are ready to help you choose and install the best gutters and downspouts for your home.
Call us today at 770-910-9700 for your free estimate!